Brave Browser does not show up under Tools > Browser Plugins

JKR3

• Moderators

Brave is a Chromium based browser; do your plugins show up under Chrome?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

No, nothing but Internet Explorer and Firefox. And I don't have IE, I have Edge, and Edge is not showing up. I also don't have Chrome.

If Edge is IE (for some reason) the extensions and plugins I do have are not there. I actually don't think I have plugins on Edge, who knows. But with IE listed, there is an extension I chose to disable (Lync Click to Call), as well as a few other things.

It seems the only thing that makes sense here is Firefox.

EDIT: I just added Brave, so it's not an issue with Brave being corrupted from an update or other issue like that. Just added yesterday.

Edited by JKR3
Brave just added

• Moderators

The Browser Plugins tool is not realy something I've used, I managed them in the browser itself, so I hadn't noticed just what was in there these days.

Looks like that tool could do with a major update.
I'll flag it up, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a quick change.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

Looks like this function hasn't been updated for a little while to reflect the browser support added elsewhere for cleaning.  I have flagged this up to the developers.  

On 08/04/2022 at 18:55, nukecad said:

I wouldn't hold your breath for a quick change.

There is quite a project going on at the moment on cleaning generally, and browsers in particular, so this will probably get fairly prompt attention.  Although with regards to making its way into the product, the April release is already finalised and the work schedule for the May release has been packed pretty tight - so probably some time after that.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes