CCleaner could not be updated error message

Hmm

• Moderators

Try clicking on 'Check for Updates',  bottom right of the CCleaner window.

Hopefully that will give it the kick needed to recognise that you are already up to date.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

13 hours ago, nukecad said:

Try clicking on 'Check for Updates',  bottom right of the CCleaner window.

Hopefully that will give it the kick needed to recognise that you are already up to date.

Sorry. T wasn't clear. That's when it happens when I force a manual check. 

6 hours ago, redwolfe_98 said:

my advice would be to try uninstalling ccleaner and then reinstalling it, the latest version.

Thanks,  I think that's what I'll (eventually) do but hopefully enough users will complain, and the developers will address this minor nuisance. 

• Moderators

So you are now saying that it isn't happening at launch at all  - you are getting that message when you click on 'Check for Updates'.
(I'm not sure why you are doing that as you only updated to v5.91 a couple of days ago, but that's your choice).

That check will show you the message 'CCleaner could not be updated' if it cannot reach the update server for some reason.
That isn't a bug, it is meant to give you that message if it can't do a check for updates.
The most usual cause for that happening is if you are offline.
image.png

As you say that you are only seeing that message intermittently then that indicates that either your internet connection is dropping out, or there is an intermittent issue at the CCleaner update server.
(or a problem somewhere on the internet route between your computer and the server).

From other posts in the last couple of days I think that the update server has been a bit over-busy with users updating to v5.91, and there seems to have been times when people had problems connecting to it.
(Possibly it's been busier this particular update because of the new licencing thing?)

If that is the case then things should settle down again, if they haven't already, and you should stop getting that message and get this one instead:
image.png

If it doesn't settle down for you, and is still showing you the 'CCleaner could not be updated' a few days/week from now, then come back and we can try and take a look at why you are having intermittent connection problems.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

@nukecadLol.  Let's not become gaslighters or play the blame game. Which is what alpha males love to do. I can't control how you perceive or interpret something or if it's one dimensional.

My response: you didn't comprehend or think analytically that one can launch the app to check (manually) for updates (at every launch). That's what I meant. Are you happy now? Would you like a cookie and some milk?

Anyway, I hope you're not turning into a grammar or spell check Nazi. 😏

• Moderators

You may have noted that I had edited my post before you replied.

No blame game, but by giving us the wrong information, and/or not the full information, at the start you got the wrong answers.

If you had said that it happened when you clicked 'Check for Updates' then obviously I wouldn't have suggested that you try doing just that.
(We are not mind readers, we can't guess what someone has done, they have to tell us exactly what they did if we are to work out what may have happened).

Anyhow; now I know what you are doing I've been testing it myself and I am seeing the same the same thing with that 'CCleaner could not be updated' popping up occasionally rather than the 'Congratulations' message.

It does seem as if there may be an intermittent issue with the update server, or possibly elsewhere on the internet, I'll ask one of the staff to check.