Trackers

Tom Deaton

Last night I 'cleaned' my PC and promptly turned it off - powered it down. This morning I turned it on and when that process was complete, without opening any browser, I 'cleaned' it again. CCleaner said it removed over 1000 trackers after telling me it found 70+ trackers. I believe CCleaner is a fraudulent piece of software and it is 'creating' tracker numbers out of nothing. Why am I wrong?

• Moderators

It's normal for 'trackers' and other files to come back after cleaning.

And you have to understand just what 'Trackers' are. (Probably not what you are thinking they are).

From what you describe I would say that you have you browser set to syncronise. (and also to pre-load?)

That would bring everything you have deleted straight back from the 'Cloud' - that's what syncronising is meant to do.

See the link in my signature below this post for why files come back and what you can do about stopping some of it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043