CCleaner doesn't start as a professional version for all users.

Tariq

Hello,

I'm sharing my computer with my family, and we have two users accounts, one (Admin) other one (Regular user) The regular user can't use CCleaner as a professional version. We should close the CCleaner and run it as an Admin user ! Are there any solutions to make CCleaner start as a professional version for all users on the same computer?

Thank you,

• Moderators

Thanks for reporting this.

There is another user who is saying the same thing about non-admin users on their computer not being able to run CCleaner Pro, but I can't reproduce it on my machine.
All users on my machine get to open CCleaner Pro whether they are admin or not.

A Piriform Staff member is aware of the issue and is investigating.
Having a second report of this odd behaviour shows it's not just something odd with one persons computer.
On investigation we are finding a few differences between out CCleaner installations, so:-

Could I ask you to look in File Explorer at the directory C:\Program Files\CCleaner and tell me if you have a file in there called 'CCleaner.dat' or do you instead have one called 'CCleaner.lic'?
(Note that you may have to turn on 'File Name Extensions' in File Explorers 'View' tab to see the 3 letters after the dot).

It appears that which one of those files you have is determining whether CCleaner Pro will run for non-admin users or not. (But that is yet to be confirmed).

Mine looks like this, I have a 'CCleaner.dat', (ignore those '.ini' and '.log' files you may not have those, it depends on your CCleaner settings/use).
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

@TariqThe casue of the permissions problem appears to have been found, if not the solution yet.

It seems to be a new licencing system that is perhaps not behaving as expected for non-admin user permissions.

7 hours ago, MeganCCleaner said:

I've now discovered that the "CCleaner.lic" file is created when activating a license generated via our newer licensing platform, whereas the "CCleaner.dat" file is created when activating a license generated via our original licensing platform, which may explain why this is only a recent problem. 

While that doesn't explain the permission issue, I have raised that with our development team so they can investigate further as I do not believe our intention is for it to work in the way that has been described, requiring administrative privileges for access to an activated version of the software - or in the way it resets the permission settings.

I am awaiting a response from them ......

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hello,

I am grateful for your help, below you will find answer to your inquiry, and I am glad that more people cooperate to find a solution to this problem.
Attached is a picture of a CCleaner folder.

With my best regards, 

ccleaner files.PNG

• Moderators

Thanks for your screenshot,

It shows that you do have a 'CCleaner.lic' rather than a 'CCleaner.dat'.

That tends to confirm that it's the new 'CCleaner.lic' file type which is causing this non-admin permissions problem for some users.

@MeganCCleanerhas already raised this issue with the programme developers.
Hopefully they will have an answer and fix the problem quickly.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

@MeganCCleanerIs there any update on this issue yet?