Security mad

The CCleaner browser has gone mad. It always tries to block my work webmail for being "unsafe" but there's a "proceed anyway" option so it's not a big deal. Now it's blocking perfectly legitimate sites with no "proceed anyway" option. You simply cannot visit the site. Today it blocked:

• News site metro.co.uk
  • Price comparison site uswitch.co.uk

The error message states: "You cannot visit www.uswitch.com right now because the website uses HSTS." If two of the most visited, most reputable sites in the UK use HSTS (whatever that is), then it's probably okay. The message also says "this page will probably work later", but as far as I can see the blockage is permanent.

Ironically, the CCleaner browser also tried to block the CCleaner homepage, though the "proceed anyway" option was available or else I wouldn't be here.

Chaps, the purpose of an internet browser is to enable users to browse the internet, not stop them doing so.

Looks like I might have to go back to Chrome. At least my adblocker works there.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Zootho said:

The error message states: "You cannot visit www.uswitch.com right now because the website uses HSTS." .........
The message also says "this page will probably work later",

It isn't the browser that is blocking your access to those sites.

As the message says it is the websites own server that is temporarily blocking the access for security reasons.
And as it says, the server will probably not be blocking access later.

That is why you don't get CCleaner browsers 'Proceed anyway' option - it isn't the CCleaner browser doing the blocking so it can't let you through that block.

More about HSTS:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Strict_Transport_Security

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043