Switch licenses

IslandEd

I have a 5 user professional CCleaner license which I recently purchased.

One of the computers upon which I installed CCleaner a week ago failed and has been retired.

Is there a way to switch the user license on the out of service computer to another one of my computers.?

• Moderators

your best bet is to contact support at support@ccleaner.com .

We're more of a user forum and can't really help with licenses

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Admin
On 01/10/2021 at 17:27, IslandEd said:

Is there a way to switch the user license

There is no explicit deprovisioning system for CCleaner Professional (that is more of a function for the managed endpoint products for larger businesses like CCleaner Cloud).

However, for CCleaner Professional the licensing limits are fairly robust to the kind of scenario that you describe - if you swap out a couple of old retired computers with new ones over time, you shouldn't have any trouble.  Where things can go bad is if the "retired" computers start springing back into life - so if your old machines are being sold off in an intact state then best to uninstall CCleaner Professional from them before they go to someone else.

If a 1-5 seat CCleaner Professional licence seems to pop up on new computers every week (eg: it's being used as a roaming tech support tool for client computers as a one-time break-fix tool) then that is certainly going to be a problem unless you have licensed CCleaner Technicians Edition, which is specifically designed for that purpose.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes