Dang Youtube and Google

Hmm

While CCleaner deletes Google Cookies is there a way to stop Youtube cookies from being saved? Each time I open up Chrome on Windows with a generic home page, Chrome adds Youtube cookies. 

I manually entered Youtube.com in my Chrome cookies block list (never save cookies) but it's still saved, I added it to "delete cookies when Chrome is closed" and it's still there. 

Is there a way to stop Chrome from saving Youtube cookies?

@CSGallowayI guess you missed the part about how I mentioned CCleaner deletes the cookies (which is a good thing)😜. But they return anyway. 

But you gotta love the internet.

Some people make comments just because they feel they're compelled to even though it has no relevance to the issue and haven't read the initial post. Maybe next time post CCleaner release notes in your comments, too.🤦‍♂️

It must be a Google/YouTube problem, not a CCleaner problem.

Personally I use the extension 'I don't care about cookies'.

Just delete them all on a more or less regular basis.

• Moderators
On 28/08/2021 at 08:51, Hmm said:

While CCleaner deletes Google Cookies is there a way to stop Youtube cookies from being saved? Each time I open up Chrome on Windows with a generic home page, Chrome adds Youtube cookies.

Google and Youtube are owned by the same company and so they have control over it.

In fact it goes deeper than just cookies:
https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/4382937/how-do-i-stop-google-from-automatically-signing-me-into-youtube-when-i-sign-into-my-gmail?hl=en

With Google, you don't sign into products, you sign into your Google account.  Once signed in, you have access to all the products and services connected to that account without having to sign into each one individually.  Of course when you sign out, you're signing out of the Google account, so you're signed out of all the products and services.

Which actually points the way - I never sign into Google (except on my phone when I need something from the playstore) and so don't see Youtube cookies unless I've actually been on Youtube.

But I use Firefox as my browser; I guess it may be more difficult to use Chrome without logging into your Google account.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043