Files Deleted When uninstalling CCleaner Trial

Hi,

I downloaded the trial from this site (window 10, 32 bt)  and when I went to uninstall via windows install manager the program that was opened to "uninstall CCleaner" started flashing a scrolling list of non-CCleaner files that it was deleted.  Basically before I could stop what was going on (by shutting down windows) dozens of folders and hundreds of files were deleted.  Files Deleted When uninstalling CCleaner Trial. I assume somehow the trail I downloaded got compromised?  Any advice on how to restore the deleted folders/files? They were not moved to the recycling bin.   Would the Recuva trail work to recover these files or is there an easier way?

Thanks!

Robert

• Moderators

I've flagged this for staff attention.

It may be best if you don't use that machine until you get a reply, that will give a better chance of restoring any files.

In the meantime it may help if you could you give more details of the Windows 10 version number, CCleaner version number, and any AV that you have installed.
Also if the deleted files were on your C: drive or elsewhere?

I do note that your Windows 10 is 32-bit.
I'm not sure if that is relevant but it may be.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi Nukecad and CCleaner team.   

Just a but more details on this issue.  I downloaded cccleaner on 5/28, the file name is ccsetup580  and  cctrialsetup  .  I don't want to open it up again as not sure if it will start deleting files again so I don't know exact version. Here is my windows version info: 

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.19041 Build 19041
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model    CM6870
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    SKU
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 0708, 12/25/2012
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product    CM6870
BaseBoard Version    Rev X.0x