Automatic renewal is very annoying

PopsandLin

Got a notice today that my credit card was being charged for an automatic renewal of cCleaner. There was no way to reject or cancel this renewal nor did I get any kind of warning email before it took my money. I was given the option to prevent it from happening in the future and you can be sure that I did CANCEL it going forward. In fact, I will never be buying any more products from this company. Just on this alone, I will also post bad reviews anywhere I can! 

• Moderators

you should be able to get some help by emailing the developers at support@ccleaner.com

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Admin
On 18/07/2021 at 16:52, PopsandLin said:

There was no way to reject or cancel this renewal

Note that subscription billing can be instantly cancelled at any time after purchase, either using the cancellation link from your original order confirmation email, from the licence information screen in the CCleaner product console, from the billing reminder that you receive from Cleverbridge 2 weeks before renewal billing occurs, or by contacting customer support.

For example, when you signed up for a new CCleaner Professional subscription in July 2000 during the Summer Sale that was on at the time (replacing the one that you originally started in 2018) in your order confirmation email was the following information:  

image.png

On 18/07/2021 at 16:52, PopsandLin said:

nor did I get any kind of warning email

On July 3rd you were sent your billing reminder by Cleverbridge which stated the amount that would be charged.  This email also had a link to cancel your subscription if you wished, prior to your billing on July 18th. I note that you also received similar billing reminder emails back in July 2019 and July 2020 relating to your original subscription that you started in 2018.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes