SpeechRuntime reappear after Registry clean

rober

It looks like a placebo pseudo-solution. The registry key is still there, now CC doesn't show it to you.

From CC:

Problem  |  Data  |  Registry Key
ActiveX/COM Issue  |  LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier  |  HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}

The Registry Key is a short for

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}

If you look for it you'll find it for sure. We are still in the same starting point, but now like blinds with no help from CC.

On 17/06/2021 at 19:13, rober said:

It looks like a placebo pseudo-solution. The registry key is still there, now CC doesn't show it to you.

From CC:

Problem  |  Data  |  Registry Key
ActiveX/COM Issue  |  LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier  |  HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}

The Registry Key is a short for

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}

If you look for it you'll find it for sure. We are still in the same starting point, but now like blinds with no help from CC.

Hey, forgive me, but what should I do about it? Do I remove it manually using the provided Registry Key or should I leave it be?

I installed Ccleaner just to be extra safe, so I almost know nothing of how it works, thank you.

• Moderators

SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier is a new registry entry related to Windows 10 21H1.

It's also now used by certain components of Win 10 20H1 and 20H2.

Windows has put it on your computer because it is needed, and if you remove it then Windows will put it straight back.

Right click on it and 'Add to exclude list' then CCleaner will ignore it.

PS.
We recommend that you don't regularly use the Registry Cleaner with Windows 10 or 11. Windows 10 and 11 changes the registry often which can give false results.
See this: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/59952-i-get-a-registry-error-on-ccleaner-on-windows-10-i-have-scanned-5-times/?tab=comments#comment-326804

Here is Microsofts stance on using any Registry Cleaner:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 3 months later...

Gracias Nukecad. Dejaré de utilizar la función Registro, salvo que tenga problemas en mi portátil.

Un cordial saludo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Google Translate

Thanks Nukecad. I will stop using the Log feature, unless I have problems with my laptop

PS. From the original Spanish, Google is obviously mis-translating slightly - that should read - "I will stop using the Registry Feature, ".
(Something to bear in mind if/when using Google translate).