Crash upon Health Check

CCleaner has stopped working properly for me. It used to work, but all of a sudden it started crashing upon health check and I haven't been able to fully clean my computer for months. My computer is fully up to date, and so is CCleaner, and Windows Defender is not blocking it. Everything in ccleaner works besides the health check, which stopped working randomly back in winter. I have not been able to health check since then. It loads partially, stalls and crashes. I even tried redownloading the older version I started with to see if the health check would work like it did then and it still crashed and re-updated CCleaner to the newest version when I reopened it. I'd really appreciate some help with this.

Specs:

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel Core i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 4.0GB RAM, Intel UHD Graphics 620

CCleaner v5.78.8558 (64-bit)

Windows Defender is only security program besides Malwarebytes and it is not blocking CCleaner

• Moderators

If Custom Clean is still working then I suspect that it's either the 'Speed' or 'Security' modules of Health Check that are causing what you are seeing.

Both of those need to contact servers, and so it may be that your computer is now blocking that contact.
Which would probably be your Antivirus/firewall settings if CCleaner is also being closed altogether.
Although Windows Defender is not known for doing that.

Is your Malwarebytes the Pro version running in real time? What version is it?

Try disconnecting from the internet and then running Health Check, if it runs OK then that shows that it's (one of) the connection(s) that is the problem.
Connect back to the internet and in CCleaner try running Tools>Startup and then Tools>Software Updater - do both of those run OK with the internet connected or does one of them crash?

Then if your Malwarebytes is real time try temporarily disabling Malwarbytes and see if Health Check runs then.

For more information:

It loads partially, stalls and crashes.

Can you explain more just how far it gets before it stalls and crashes?
ie. is it during the Checking, during the Clean, or somewhere else?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

5 hours ago, nukecad said:

Try disconnecting from the internet and then running Health Check, if it runs OK then that shows that it's (one of) the connection(s) that is the problem.

Connect back to the internet and in CCleaner try running Tools>Startup and then Tools>Software Updater - do both of those run OK with the internet connected or does one of them crash?

It worked when I disconnected the internet! Startup and Software Updater work fine too! Do you know what I could do to fix it from here?

• Moderators

It sounds that something may be blocking one or more internet connections that CCleaner needs to make for one (or both) of those modules, which is why Health Check can't complete.
Startup is HC's 'Speed' module and Software Updater is HC's 'Privacy' module.

Did Startup and Software Updater work when you were connected to the internet?
In particular does Software Updater find anything to be updated?
If it's finding something then it may be that particular app update that is causing your issue.

If it isn't finding anything to update then unless you have changed your firewall rules then it's probably Malwarebytes Pro doing the block.

However Malwarebytes doesn't usually block CCleaner, and I haven't seen any recent reports of it doing so either here or at the Malwarebytes forum.
Is your CCleaner installed at the standard location, "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\"?

Possibly Malwarebytes could be blocking the update/install of something that Software Updater/'Security' is finding, which is why I asked if Software Updater is finding anything to update.
If Software Updater, when connected to the internet, isn't finding anything then:

Try making CCleaner an exception in Malwarebytes.
To do that:

• Open Malwarebytes and click on either the settings cogwheel or the Detection History card.
  • Select Allow list>Add>Allow an application to connect to the internet.
  • Browse to your CCleaner folder, and add 'CCleaner64.exe', and 'CCupdate.exe' to the Malwarebytes Allow list.
    (You could also add 'CCleaner.exe' but as you are on 64-bit that's probably not necessary).

See this Malwarbytes article about the Allow list:
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479234-Add-to-the-Allow-List-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows

If that doesn't let Health Check work then it shows that something else is going on.

PS. If you look in the Malwarbytes Detection History>History it should show you if it detected/blocked anything.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043