Running Ccleaner Automatically

I am trying to get Ccleaner to run everyday and clear User's Internet Cookies and Caches.

I have so far been able to get this to happen and create a log file. Below is an example of the command that runs:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /clean "log_%date:~-4,4%%date:~-10,2%%date:~-7,2%.txt"

When I check the log file, I notice that only System - Temporary Files and System - Windows Log Files are being cleaned, even though the ccleaner.ini file has all of the App settings configured as desired. Do I need to do something else in order for the ini file to be referenced when the command above is ran on machines?

Please let me know if any additional info is needed in order to assist.

Thank You

Guest johnccleaner

The simplest way to do this would be to use the Scheduling function in CCleaner Professional. You can find out more here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045616091

With the setup that you're describing, however, the INI is indeed being followed - the items being cleaned are the only ones with data present that CCleaner can access

If it's not being run as an Administrator, it may not have access to user data; please ensure that the program has Administrator permissions in Windows. Additionally, if a program (such as a browser) is running, CCleaner will not be able to access those files to perform cleaning. Both of these points also apply to the Scheduling function mentioned above. Setting a Schedule that way while CCleaner is running with Administrator access will ensure that the scheduled task has Administrator access as well.

Please also note that if you're running CCleaner Free, it can only access the User Profile you're logged in with, even with Administrator permissions; to clean all User Profiles on the computer, you'd need one of the paid versions of the product (either Professional for home/personal use, or Business for use by a business or other organization).

As such, to give an example, if you only browse the internet with a Standard User profile, then when CCleaner is run as an Administrator, there wouldn't be any browsing data for that Administrator profile for CCleaner Free to clean.

If you keep having difficulty with this, I would recommend contacting our support team directly at support@ccleaner.com so that we can offer more assistance.

Thank you for the response. We actually have the Pro/Business Version, in conjunction with Connectwise Automate. There were no Options for global Override scheduling in the Ccleaner Automate Plugin, So scheduling through Automate was seemingly the next best thing.

I will reach out to support for further assistance.

Thank Again

Guest johnccleaner

Might also be with checking with Connectwise as well to see if the have an updated plugin or can update it so that it can access the Schedule function that's been in CCleaner for ages, too. :)

The Schedule function is only available on a Global Level. If I want to Schedule it more often for 1 client over the other 60, we cant through the Plug In. We are a few versions behind and plan on updating, so maybe its changed, but looking at documentation, it doesn't seem like it....

Looking further into getting this script executed with Elevated Privileges

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been all over the place with this thing... It seems like even with elevated permissions, CCleaner only cleans Items per profile when it comes to web browser cookies and caches. 

The other Option I am looking at that may help with all of this is Smart Cleaning Settings, but I do not see any options in the .ini file that would enable this for all users on all PCs. I enabled this, but it only did it for a single profile, essentially requiring Users to enable on their own...

Is there a way to enable Smart Cleaning for all Profiles on a single PC?

• Moderators

are you using pro or free.  Multiuser cleaning is a feature of pro

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com