Installation Kamo in Firefox

Guest Claus Baur

Guest Claus Baur

I have installed Kamo and it is ok for other browsers but it does not work within Firefox. I have added it to the Add-ons and it is available but it daos not work. All the informations I have read by now, dont help me to solve the problem.

Guest Sandra CCleaner

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us! The bug you have described above is known to us and we are working on fixing it. Please note, that your tracking is being protected in Kamo, but you may not be receiving this information. For further help and support please contact us at support@ccleaner.com or visit ccleaner.com/support. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed Kamo (3/29/2021) and it had a separate prompt to install to Firefox, the other major browsers were automatically installed.

Firefox seems to be working.

Are there tests to verify Kamo functionality?

Hallo @jhobbs

Es gibt eine Möglichkeit, die Funktion in Firefox zu testen:

Wähle in den Kamo Einstellungen für "Warnung bei blockierten Trecking-Versuchen" -> "Bei jedem Versuch" aus.

Dann erschein bei jedem Trecking-Versuch ein Hinweis am unteren rechten Bildschirmrand.

Kamo Einstellungen.jpg

• Moderators

Google translate..

There is a way to test the functionality in Firefox:

Select in the Kamo settings for "Warning about blocked trekking attempts" -> "On every attempt".

Then a message will appear at the bottom right of the screen every time you try to go trekking

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Guest Jenny CCleaner

Hi @jhobbs. As mentioned previously by @Adlerauge you can enable notifications for fingerprint changes as well as tracking attempts that have been blocked by Kamo. You can access this through 'Menu > Settings'. 

If you are using Firefox, you might not see these notifications appear at this stage. We are working on getting this fixed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new here to the Community forum!  But I just renewed my CCleaner with the Kamo option. You know, 2 years, 1 free, with Kamo!!!!  But I have installed everything...I think. I already have Firefox on my desktop, along with Norton.  I need ALL the security I can get due to the fact I have a ministry that I use my computer for.  But Kamo is telling me that Firefox is NOT PROTECTED. I go to try to switch it to the "protected," and I get sent to the big "Firefox Add-on's" page.  Can someone PLEASE tell this fired up pastor what he is doing wrong? Or what is going on????   Thank you so much!    Blessings!!!   Pastor Tim

• Moderators

Did you read the posts above ? (Particularly the posts by Sandra and Jenny).

PS. Please also read number 15 of the forum rules: https://community.ccleaner.com/announcement/15-forum-rules /

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Guest Jenny CCleaner

Hi @Pastor Tim. Thanks for your message. We are aware of this issue relating to Firefox and we are working on fixing it. Please contact our support team if you would like more information (support@ccleaner.com). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nukecad!  Regarding your post of  April 25th. as I stated in MY post dated April 23rd...I am NEW HERE!!!!  Sorry to offend!!!!  My apologies!   I don't know how it works around here. And by the looks of it, not very helpful!   I was only seeking advice!   Maybe I will just DELETE my account right along with CCleaner!!!!!!!!   I don't deal with rudeness very well!   Thank you anyway!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Pastor Tim Whenever you are directed to the Firefox Add-ons page, are you able to install the Kamo extension, or does that fail?

When you reach the Add-ons page, simply click Add to Firefox > Add.

Otherwise if that doesn't work, do I permission to contact you via email, using the same address that is registered to your forums account?