HELP CC Professional not recognised.

MDS57

I trialled CC Professional from the Free version which ended over a week ago. When I tried to upgrade at the time, it kept taking me to a higher upgrade which didn't suit, so I chose not to. This time around I updated to Professional directly from the free program. However, it now won't allow me to register Professional and keeps taking me to the Trial window (which tells me my Professional trial has expired!) to upgrade from there which means I'd pay twice. Now I have a Professional program downloaded but have to use the Free program to clean my laptop. I also tried downloading Professional directly from the confirmation email receipt from Cleverbridge, but the same thing happens i.e. CCleaner telling me my trial has expired and to continue using Professional I have to pay! This is my first time on here so would appreciate any help. Thanks. PS I'm not tech savvy so easy to understand info please.

• Moderators

There is no need to download again. You can simply upgrade the Free version to Pro by doing the following:

In CCleaner (Free) go to Options>About and click on 'Upgrade to Pro'.

Enter your licence key (and name if it asks) when asked, and then click on 'Register'. (Don't click on Purchase or you will be taken back to the purchase page).

PS. Be careful if typing it in that you don't mistake numbers/letters (eg. 5 & S), and If copying/pasting your key from the confirmation email then make sure there is no leading or trailing blank space.
Those are both common errors that can cause registration to fail.

image.png

Once registered as Pro it will remain so for any updates, until the licence expires.
If for some reason it does become 'un-registered' again simply repeat the process to re-register it.

For more in depth information about registering see here, but you shouldn't need it if you do the above.
https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/204043844-How-to-register-and-activate-CCleaner-Professional

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

OK, I've not seen that particular screenshot from the trial before but it looks simple enough.

'Continue using Professional' will take you to the purchase page - Which you don't need as you have already purchased a licence, so -

As you have already purchased a Licence Key then on that screen click on the 'Downgrade to Free' at the bottom, once it is downgraded to Free then follow the steps as I gave them above.

image.png

If that still won't work then come back and we can try another way.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

No problem, happy to help.

It looks like you fell into a bit of a gap in how the update from the trial is supposed to work, but there is usually more than one way to do things.
I think the programmers realised that when they gave that 'Downgrade to free' option as a way to 'begin again'.
(If that hadn't worked then the next step would have been to uninstall CCleaner trial and really 'begin again' by installing Free and upgrading).

As for speed of response, you fell a bit lucky that one of us regulars was online to help fairly quickly.
We are users not employees, so we are not here 24/7, we do usually pop in at various times during the day but it make take a few hours/days before someone can answer a particular question.