System Mechanic 6 Professional

johnnyblaze803

Im wondering if anyone familiar with this program likes what it does; based on user friendlyness, effictiveness, system requirements and in comparison to other programs . Also if it is cost effective, or can you get the same result from any number of free or cheaper similiar programs.

Looking over their homepage. I wouldn't buy it. I did try it before in the past and it caused more problems than it claimed to fix. Plus, everything they offer there you can get on the web as freeware.

• Moderators

I did try it before in the past and it caused more problems than it claimed to fix.

The same here, I remember trying a previous version as a trial basis on my old Win98 computer some years ago and shockingly the butcher they call a registry cleaner in the app removed more than half the registry - good thing I always have registry backups.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. As ive had similiar problems aswell esp with creating more problems than fixing. Think I will remove and go to the trusty free protection as before.

I've actually purchased the product. Went for the professional version since it came bundled with Kaspersky.

I've used it since version 5 and haven't encountered any problems. The thing I like about it is that it has a One-Click Maintenance button.

I know there are freeware equivalents out there, but I got tired of having to run x amount of programs whereby System Mechanic Pro can do it in one click.

Im wondering if anyone familiar with this program likes what it does; based on user friendlyness, effictiveness, system requirements and in comparison to other programs . Also if it is cost effective, or can you get the same result from any number of free or cheaper similiar programs.

if you really want a commerical product, I recommand jv16 powertools (http://www.jv16.org/), I'm using a trial version and find it's pretty cool, the program is not very effective but for the functionalities, it's good. and they provide several products respectively for reg or disk cleaning, the price is reasonable (although I'm not sure I'll make a purchase by the end of the trial)

for system mechanic, I've tried version 5, it's from magazine bundle, it turns out a nothing cool yet nothing wrong result, I'm pretty sure you can get the same scan result (even better) with freewares like ccleaner and regseek.