Free version is MUCH FASTER

MattInLA

Here's a conundrum the free version cleans MUCH faster than the version I paid $$$$ for, it routinely stops at 43% and takes FOREVER to complete plus it HOGS my computer doing whatever at startup so I am sticking with the free version for good WORKS GREAT somebody check this out please.

• Moderators

The two versions are exactly the same, apart from the fact that certain features are not enabled in the free version.
(The coding for the features is still there in the free version, just not enabled).
That is why there is only one installer and not seperate ones for Free and Pro.

So if they are acting differently then it's one of those Pro features that you have selected, or you have something setup differently.

Let's see if we can work out what it is.

Firstly, when it stops at 43% what file/folder does it say its working on?
Is that particular entry unticked (or an exclusion) in your free version?

For the startup issue.
Do you have 'Run CCleaner when the computer starts' ticked? (Options>Settings).
Do you have smart cleaning enabled, if so what settings do you have ticked? (Options>Smart Cleaning).

In the pro version do you have 'apply these updates automatically' selected for product updates? (Options>Updates).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043