Recuva crashes when scanning 2nd internal HDD

warfab

• 3 months later...

Registered user here, having the same exact problem. Scans my SSD where windows is installed OK, but gives me the error immediately after I click scan for the HDD, where my lost files are.

recuva_problem.png

Edited by Mehmaster
add visual

• Moderators

It sounds as if Recuva is having difficulty if/when you have both SSD and HDD drives.

That may be because they are different types of drive/filesystem, or it may simply be that Recuva doesn't recognise that particular make/model of drive?
Or it may be something else entirely.

Did you send the crash report which can help the devs spot just what the problem may be?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

The file systems are both NTFS. They are bboth 1TB drives. 

The SSD is an ADATA and the HDD, that it can't scan is a Seagate, a very popular brand. 

I tried to send the crash report but that also failed.

I'm open to other suggestions.

recuv.png

Good evening,
Today I purchased RECUVA PRO (paid with PayPal) to analyze an external 3.5 ”HD powered by 5 Tb (Intense). The hard drive is brand new: all the files I accidentally deleted were files that I had moved from an old HD. Starting the scan for the recovery of deleted files by selecting the 5 Tb external drive, the same warfab and Mehmaster problem occurs.

Trying to understand where the problem was I made the following tests:

1) Search for deleted files on the hard disk of the "C" drive (OCZ Vertex 120 Gb SSD) of my notebook with Windows 7 Professional 32 bit; the search starts normally and the list of recoverable files and all the various options available are shown;

2) Scan to external HD 3 TB GB brand Intenso, everything went perfectly;

3) Scan to 600 GB external HD Platinum brand (mounts Wester Digital disk); everything went fine. The file system of the four disks tested is of the NFTS type.

The file system of the four disks tested is of the NFTS type.

I have already submitted the crash report to support.

Since I absolutely needed to recover the deleted files, I tried a free software reviewed in a computer blog and I managed to recover all the files by reconstructing the original path and name. Since the free version only allows viewing but not recovery, I purchased the PRO version with a lifetime license at a price of € 146.69.

It makes me think that Recuva is not suitable for HD scans of such high capacity. If so, can I use the purchased license by transferring it to another computer or alternatively obtain a refund from Piriform? Thanks so much