Recovered unknown files

Niclas

So i tried recovering some old files from my usb that i bought a while ago, but when finished recovering some unknown videos came up which some looks like stock videos but some looks kind of "real" from another family!

Did i recover stock videos or somehow got others while. I bought the usb at a store so it isn't used.

Edited by Niclas

I can't imagine a store restocking a used thumb drive, but I guess it isn't unheard of. My guess is that someone had used that drive previously, otherwise, how else would the files get there? 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, ErrorSys said:

otherwise, how else would the files get there? 

Maybe as part of a factory test?

It's pretty standard practice to pull an occasional item off a production line and give it a test, so it could have been pulled, files loaded onto it to test and then deleted, then put back on the line.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

11 hours ago, nukecad said:

Maybe as part of a factory test?

Seems likely, but why would they use "family" videos, and not stock footage such as a waterfall or sunset ect...?

• Moderators

Maybe that's just what they had easily to hand to fill up the USB when testing?
(Plus if they used their own video footage there would be no potential copyright issues).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043