Msn / Window Live 8

par0x

if you have msn messenger 7.5 installed on your computer and then you ran the windows live messenger installer. the wlm installer will run over the msn messenger 7.5.

if you wish to have both of those programs running at the say time, it is possible. you need to install msn messenger 7.5 on one computer and install windows live messenger on a different computer or vise versa. and then put either verion 7.5 or 8.0 onto a hard drive of some sort and then put it on the same computer.

maybe theres an easier way to do it but i only know this way. i have both versions 7.5 and 8.0 running like this. i just have to have 2 different e-mail addressess though.

hey is there anyway to have msn 7.5 and windows live messenger 8.0 running at the same time like not just have to update to 8 and overwrite 7.5?

No, but you can run Windows Messenger and WLM and/or MSN messenger at the same time. That's what I do so that I can be logged in under multiple SN's at the same time. I'm guessing that is what you're trying to accomplish?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)