i erased my files :(

xcalibur

hey

i recently downloaded a few files which were not complete since they were very large

CCleaner deleted it because maybe it thought of it to be temp files

is there any way how i can restore my files?

where is the backup stored?

please explain the procedure

reply ASAP

• Moderators

Seems people as of late are storing important stuff in temp folders which is a big no no.

If you stored them and any other important files in a system temp folder in general you're out of luck unless some sort of undelete program can get them back which is a big maybe. You need to start downloading files into a dedicated download folder such as C:\Downloads or even into 'My Documents\Downloads'.

Just about any cleaning program will wipe a temp folder clean, even the built-in Windows Disk Cleanup could give you tons of misery if you store files in a system temp folder.

tuneup2006 can find some folders that have been emptied from the recycle bin. its a great app worth paying for in my opinion. i have yet to have a problem with it, and use it daily. :)

tuneup2006 can find some folders that have been emptied from the recycle bin. its a great app worth paying for in my opinion. i have yet to have a problem with it, and use it daily. :)

I'm currently trialling that, not sure about the registry cleaner in it though, seems to find an awful lot, a large amount of which I don't think are safely deleteable. Just my opinion. Does have a few nice features but personally I wouldn't pay for it.