visual styles

oli

ok this is really starting to annoy me, for some reason every time that I restart my computer the visual style will reset to a old style windows one. no idea what is causing this, tried repatching the uxtheme.dll but that didnt help and i dont know what else i could even try.

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

Does this happen with all VS or just some?

I don't have an answer just trying to narrow it down?

I've never had this problem before. Infact I'm running 2 VS on the one PC, one profile for me and another one for my wife and they never conflict with each other.

If you don't get an answer here you might want to post your question over at neowin or aqua-soft. Those site are full of top notch skinner.

Hope that some kind of help.

this sounds simple but it might work. look in the registry for

current user>software>microsoft>windows>current version>policies>explorer

see if theres something out of the ordinary or maybe something called "nosavesettings".

its happened to me before. if their set to 0, dont worry about those.

their inactive and dont run.

http://DjLizard.net/Dial-a-fix-2006-05-25.exe

Dial-a-fix has a policy scanner that looks for those types of things. If you don't see a policy window open right when you start Dial-a-fix, then you don't have any restrictive policies to worry about.

You could also try clicking the bold 5 in the corner (to checkmark all of box 5) and click GO.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

this only happens with vista xp v2. have been using the style for ages and then it suddenly did it weird. i checked my reg and "nosavesettings" is set to 0.

the only restrictive policy i have is "norecentdocshistory". i cant use that bold 5 on daf either. keeps asking me to install itunes for some reason. so i dont what to do. you cant really download vista xp anymore either, it was taken off the internet by microsoft a while ago. im just going to see if it does the same thing when i have lE5 on.

yeah i just tried with le5 and its fine

you cant really download vista xp anymore either, it was taken off the internet by microsoft a while ago.

yeah i just tried with le5 and its fine

Ohhh it's "that" vista VS. Your darn lucky to have it. I came on the scene too late and never got a chance to download it. :(

Glad you got to the problem though :lol:

well i didnt fix it, i just tried le5 and that worked will have to try vista one again in a while. yeah i came on the scene late as well but there were still some sites that had it.

aha got it, turned out that it needed to be put in the windows resources folder. this is kinda weird though as i have been running it from my documents for a couple of months now, nvm