Speccy showing two different power- on hours of the same ssd

a normie

The result as shown in the screenshot of 09 attribute is correct(42d 20h), but the E9 attribute is showing different value(185d 16h), is this a bug or E9 & 09 meant something different.

I'm worried becoz i saw the the E9 value at first and thought i purchased a used ssd ;~;.    

image.png

• Moderators
1 hour ago, a normie said:

I'm worried becoz i saw the the E9 value at first and thought i purchased a used ssd

That's why it's important to get the official SSD manufacturer's SSD drive management software, period!

Most manufacturer's have an official freeware software available that can display the S.M.A.R.T. status, model, capacity, firmware version with ability to update the firmware, temperature, remaining life, and allow over-provisioning for endurance and performance that can extend the life of the drive.

Edit:
Your Kingston has a product verification page here:
https://www.kingston.com/us/support/product_verification

On 12/31/2018 at 22:16, Andavari said:

That's why it's important to get the official SSD manufacturer's SSD drive management software, period!

First of all thanks for the reply :D. Yes I agree, i installed kingstons ssd management tool right after posting here it is showing the correct result(42days). I worried initially as i saw the E9 result(what is it btw, is it a bug?!)

Edit:
Your Kingston has a product verification page here:
https://www.kingston.com/us/support/product_verification

Yeah, i hoped to verify my ssd there by the product ID but sadly all it says is about phantom technology ;-;, rip me.

allow over-provisioning

I can't see an option to do over-positioning in kingston ssd management tool, is it done by default in windows or do we need to allocate some free space and enable the option?! Igoogled a bit and it seems like it is unnecessary for home use :D, one last thing can you explain about that E9 value and why did it show 185 days if its not a bug.

Edited by a normie

• Moderators

Sorry I don't know why it, that's something perhaps the developers could answer if they chime in on this topic.

My own guess would be it has to read values from allot of different drives instead of being made in particular for a specific drive brand and model, so perhaps that's why there will be anomalies/bugs. It's one of the reasons developers of such programs may need to borrow or loan drives from manufacturers!