Registry Cleaner finds things I WANT to keep?

axelrose

Everytime I run the Registry cleaning part of ccleaner it finds entries that DO exist and are being used by me. It also finds entries which appear to be some kind of temp file but there is no description of what the scanner found.

So, is there a way to tell it NOT to look for certain things OR should I go ahead and delete all the entries it suggest [saving the reg backup of course] and see how the computer works ??

thanks

• Moderators

One way for it not to detect things is to experiment with the selected items on the left. Although unchecking something means if more invalid data accumulates it won't be detected.

Probably the best solution is to simply uncheck what you want to keep.

If you're unsure of what Issues is finding post a screenshot of the Issues list after it detects the registry data and we'll be able to tell you if it is indeed junk or should be left intact. If you need a place to freely host your screenshot check out ImageShack or XS.to.

If this is Windows 2000 or Windows XP, you might also want to run Dial-a-fix's Repair permissions tool just in case.

http://DjLizard.net/software/Dial-a-fix-medium.exe

Run Dial-a-fix.exe after extracting that, click Tools, then double click on Repair permissions.

If it's WinMe or Win98, ignore this post.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)