CCleaner slow to work

len22

Hi,

Just to say the latest update on my window 10 is very slow, never been this slow before, we are talking about a minute sometimes a little longer, just seems like ages.

Anyone else have this problem

Thx Len

• Moderators

Could you elaborate a bit?

Is CC slow to launch, slow to analyze/clean, or something else?

If it's slow to analyze/clean then it shhold be noticable what it is cleaning when it's taking the time.
(Usually its Internet Explorer).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Just to add to that:

In the past I found that analyze/clean of Internet Explorer was taking a long time.

As I hardly ever use Edge or Internet Explorer I just told CCleaner to stop looking at them.

I have everything unticked for Edge and Internet Explorer - except for 'Temporary Internet Files' because other Microsoft applications use that as well.
(There is always one cookie in Internet Explorer cookies as well, but I just ignore that because it just come back if you clean it).

If you want to double check after a week or so then you can right click on each of the ones you have turned off and anaylze to see if there is anything there.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

and do you have winapp2.ini or any other enhancements that could slow it down?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.