What does this mean?

krit86lr

Just curious if anyone knows what this means. CC v1.29 on Windows Pro 2000. Thanks :)

CCleaner

Error in file:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\winsys.ini

Line:

SpecialKey1=N_TEMP_CLIPBOARD

521 - Can't open Clipboard

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

i THINK it means it cant find the clipboard to clear it. try turning the "clear clipboard option" off and let me know if its still doing this.

Just looking around it looks like it may be a Visual Basic Runtime issue. The search results I looked at are here. One article that offered an explanation and a possible solution is here. The article refers to a program called QuoteWerks which is obviously not CCleaner but maybe it's relevant.

Hope this helps :) .

Well it was a runtime error, but not because VB needed to be updated (I do that anytime I install CC on a machine). But the runtime error was because CC couldn't finish cleaning. There was a file/folder that CC was trying to delete but it needed to be unlocked first. That's the best explanation I can come up with because once I unlocked it CC ran fine.

Thanks guys. All is well.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

that sux, so my suggestion didnt work? i guess im no good at anything....

BUT I CAN CREATE MANY PROBLEMS THAT SOME OF YOU SEEM TO LAUGH AT AND HAVE FUN TRYING TO FIX!!!!!

that sux, so my suggestion didnt work? i guess im no good at anything....

BUT I CAN CREATE MANY PROBLEMS THAT SOME OF YOU SEEM TO LAUGH AT AND HAVE FUN TRYING TO FIX!!!!!

From what I read and THINK I understand and from what Krit said in her post this can happen when a program is demanding exclusive access to a Temp file [ie the clipboard?] so your explanation was pretty close. I guess CCleaner could find the Temp file but wasn't being allowed to do anything with it which caused the error. So it's pretty much the same thing.

As far as causing or having problems with a PC other people laugh at; Join the club! EVERYBODY is a member LOL. It could be worse. If computers could laugh or make fun of us we'd never hear the end of it :P .

As far as saying you're no good at anything....

WRONG :lol: ! You're learning a lot and so are we. Besides, you have your own personal thread!

I'm jealous...