5.41.6446 update

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hey guys, this should be fixed. It may take work instantly or it may take 30 minutes or so to propagate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

When I open CCleaner, it prompts me that there is a newer version, however when I click to download the new version it downloads an old version, usually the last one I downloded.

This happens even when I download from the Piriform website.

This is been happening for the last few version updates.  What's up with that?

Guest Stephen CCleaner
5 minutes ago, LenP said:

When I open CCleaner, it prompts me that there is a newer version, however when I click to download the new version it downloads an old version, usually the last one I downloded.

This happens even when I download from the Piriform website.

This is been happening for the last few version updates.  What's up with that?

Hi LenP,

Please can you tell us which version of CCleaner you are running? (and which edition, e.g. 'Free', 'Professional', etc.)

I am running the free version of CCleaner. I updated it, then when I open CCleaner, it prompts me that there is a newer version, I download the new version but when it opens, it has the same message about a newer version.

CC.docx

Guest Stephen CCleaner
2 hours ago, pwok said:

I am running the free version of CCleaner. I updated it, then when I open CCleaner, it prompts me that there is a newer version, I download the new version but when it opens, it has the same message about a newer version.

CC.docx

Try closing the application (including from the System Tray) and relaunching CCleaner.

I am running the Pro version of CCleaner, which I paid for because I would like a PRO version.  Now, with the latest update, I get a window after cleaning that shows cute little pictures of a "bad guy" and a "waste basket" then I have to CLICK on a link to get back to a 'normal' screen showing what was deleted.  EVEN when I go into the ADVANCED drop down and ask it to get me back to the good old normal screen, it shows me a LIST of the files deleted rather than just the 'location' and 'file size' that I used to get.  What happened?  Why cutsie-pie the application up?  We're grown ups here.   I want my adult version back, please.  Thank you.

Ann Kallal, graphics artist, age 75

• Moderators
8 hours ago, maggieross said:

I am running the Pro version of CCleaner, which I paid for because I would like a PRO version.  Now, with the latest update, I get a window after cleaning that shows cute little pictures of a "bad guy" and a "waste basket" then I have to CLICK on a link to get back to a 'normal' screen showing what was deleted.  EVEN when I go into the ADVANCED drop down and ask it to get me back to the good old normal screen, it shows me a LIST of the files deleted rather than just the 'location' and 'file size' that I used to get.  What happened?  Why cutsie-pie the application up?  We're grown ups here.   I want my adult version back, please.  Thank you.

Ann Kallal, graphics artist, age 75

Many others feel the same way

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/51330-add-option-for-traditional-advanced-results-page/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com