Mouse problems

affaiec

Hello all.

I use a notebook computer with an external usb mouse (Targus AMUOIEU) I keep having problems with the left button i have to either keep pressing it or press it quite hard for it to respond. There was no software with this devise just plug and go. It is only a few months old. If i reinstall my comp all is well. But having to keep doing this is a pain.

Many many thanks.

nice to see you here affaiec! id say its time to buy a new mouse my friend! unless you are screwing with the registry, its the mouse thats broke.

Hello all.

I use a notebook computer with an external usb mouse (Targus AMUOIEU) I keep having problems with the left button i have to either keep pressing it or press it quite hard for it to respond. There was no software with this devise just plug and go. It is only a few months old. If i reinstall my comp all is well. But having to keep doing this is a pain.

Many many thanks.

Your mouse settings could be improperly adjusted. To fix this:

Click Start > Control Panel > Mouse to bring up your Mouse Properties. Click the Buttons tab at the top if it isn't already selected and adjust the Double-Click Speed slider. The slower you set it, the more responsive your left button should be.

If that isn't the problem, than neighberaaron is probably right about it being worn out.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

Other possibilites:

• It could be dirt underneath the buttons (stop eating sticky cake and using the mouse), which would mean taking the mouse apart and cleaning it with a toothbrush and an air duster a.k.a "can of compressed air".
  • The USB port could be faulty, or not seated fully, etc. You could test another device on the USB port the mouse uses to see if there's any problems.

[*]The USB port could be faulty, or not seated fully, etc. You could test another device on the USB port the mouse uses to see if there's any problems.

wouldnt that make it so both buttons dont work properly?

Thanks all. I had to make a clean reinstall it was so anoying. It is ok at the moment but im sure it will go back to how it was. It seems to happen if i install a program and uninstall it. So if i install a program i have to leave it on comp, otherwise the left mouse button is very sluggish and repeated presses or hard presses are required to get a response. (is this any help?)

Thanks all.

• Moderators

as others said, try cleaning it out, try it in a different computer, and if its still sluggish, buy a new one.

Agreed! It isn't worth formatting the hard disk and spending hours reinstalling everything, and then spending more hours re-configuring everything to your liking just to fix a mouse that may very well be faulty or dying. If you get a new one look into an optical mouse, they really are worth the extra money as there's no roller ball that needs to be frequently cleaned, etc.

Agreed! It isn't worth formatting the hard disk and spending hours reinstalling everything, and then spending more hours re-configuring everything to your liking just to fix a mouse that may very well be faulty or dying. If you get a new one look into an optical mouse, they really are worth the extra money as there's no roller ball that needs to be frequently cleaned, etc.

Many thanks for all your replies, I think it is a setting somewhere that goes haywire. But I can't find it. It is difficult to explain in writing as you all appreciate. I relay don't think it is the mouse itself.

Thanks all.

affaiec