Cookies not being shown in CCleaner

LurkerLS

Greetings from the Great Country of TEXAS,

My version of CC is 5.35.6210 (x64) have only one cooky being shown and is from Piriform on Cookies to keep side.  The side for my computer is "MT" (meaning empty).  Within my FF v55.0.3 (x32) under 'Tools'/'Options'/'Privacy' is for my favorite weather reporting site yet CC is not displaying any additional cookies.

TIA, CU L8R,  'd' Lurker "LoneWanderer"  Dell x64, Ram 4gig, Win7 Pro SP1: FF v55.0.x; MSE Up2Date + other  "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."   - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

• Moderators

Is firefox running when you start ccleaner?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Greetings from the Great Country of TEXAS,

In reply to your question, "NO" it is not active and there are seventeen (17) URLs listed for cookies and CC reports zero (0).  Of course each of those can have many individual cookies each so if you wish a full count just ask.

PLUS+: Had to reestablish my password and User NAME to be able to login.  That done went into this area to reply and my reply would not go through.  I logged out and relogged in and reposted my reply and here it is above.  Seems when redoing a password or USER name there should be a requirement to log in again.  There seems to be NO requirement in the operation, but; even though I had been logged in when changing my password my message would not post.

I also like your AVATAR, Mr Grinch :  "Adults are obsolete children."
Dr. Seuss

Is firefox running when you start ccleaner?

TIA, CU L8R,  'd' Lurker "LoneWanderer"  Dell x64, Ram 4gig, Win7 Pro SP1: FF v55.0.x; MSE Up2Date + other  "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."   - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
18 minutes ago, louielou said:

Suddenly,my windows 10 CCleaner is not listing any cookies anymore on the left side.  It has retained those i had previously listed to keep saved - on the right side.

There must be some cookies.  I did reinstall Firefox.  

louielou

Browsers need to be closed for that section to populate. Are you sure that firefox is completely exited (check task manager).

Does ccleaner still see firefox in the cleaning section applications tab? If not did you customize your reinstall into a different folder?

Is Firefox deleting cookies (history cache etc) on exit?

Those are the three ideas I had when reading your question

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Nergal said:

Browsers need to be closed for that section to populate.

Actually not.
'Cookies on Computer' will show them when the browser is still open, but CC can't remove them until the browser is closed.

Louilou,

Have you told Firefox not to accept cookies?
Check the setting of -
Options > Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data > Block cookies and site data.(may cause websites to break).

Other than that check Nergal's suggestions.

Also check any FFx extensions that you have installed, some of those will remove cookies 'on the fly'.
(I use one that when you leave a website removes all cookies that came from from that website).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043