Drive Wipe - Add Option to select folders

scratch67

• Moderators

Drive Wiper is a drive wiper. What's the point of selecting certain file types and then scanning the whole drive and overwriting any found when you could wipe the whole drive faster? In fact what's the point of this suggestion? Most of what is wanted can be done with Recuva, if you so wish.

If you mean Secure File Deletion by folder, then that's an entirely different kettle of fish and has been requested several times.

• Moderators

You can already do this, however not as you've detailed it!

Go into 'Options > Include' and then input the paths to folders you want CCleaner to always delete the contents of, such as user created folders.

Example:

1. For a working example I have a user created non-system default "Temp" folder(s) on all of my hard disks (C:\Temp, D:\Temp, E:\Temp, L:\Temp), etc., for one purpose which is to move files into when I want to securely delete whatever resides in those folder paths which I have an Include for and if/when I decide to enable any Secure Deletion mode located in 'Options > Settings' (not Drive Wiper, and not Wipe Free Space).

2. Then when running CCleaner with Secure Deletion enabled it will then proceed to securely delete the contents of those specified folders -- which also includes anything else already covered by default by the program.

Edit:

Of course there's many freeware standalone programs both portable and installed that can achieve this without jumping through so many configuration hoops to make it work with CCleaner. If has been asked for before on multiple occasions to have the ability to right-click a file or folder to have CCleaner securely delete it.

Edited by Andavari