Ccleaner 5.31.6104

Notified to update to this today (June 15, JST) and after update CCleaner site confirms that I have 5.31.6104 at the top of the site, but the bottom insists that I need to update.   Try it but since it seems to be the same update I only get a "unable to complete" notice with the choice of ignore, try again, cancel.    Also notice that since I tried again, Firefox is suddenly my homepage rather than Google News.   What is going on here?  

Ran CCleaner to no effect.   Malwarebytes shows nil.  Windows Defender the same.   Any thoughts?   Thank you.   I suppose I could just ignore the notice and, by the way, I have changed my homepage back to Google News...

• Moderators

There was a problem with update 6104 and an emergency patch was issued a few hours later which means that the latest build is now 6105.

Please download it.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thanks, tried that link, downloaded but when I tried to install, still got Abort, Try Again, Ignore shortly after the installation started.   I will just wait a while and see what shows up tomorrow or so.   Thank  you for your answer.

Tried on the Filehippo site and seem to be able to download 5.31.6105 but it will not install.  Same abort, try again, cancel.

What about simply deleting CCleaner from the computer and then re-installing it?    Still makes me wonder why I cannot update.   Not going to try anything fancy until I hear from you.

I also notice that something called Fixit wants desperately to be downloaded.and this seems to be on the same page as the download for CCleaner.   A program to fix Windows 7?    Mine is not broken, thank you.

OK, here goes.   Will let you know what happens.

Uninstalled.  Shut down computer   Started up again.   Went to the Piriform site to download CCleaner.    Go ahead and I did, but the download never finishes.    Tried again, same thing.   So, instead of an outdated CCleaner now I have none.....      Oh, boy.   LOL   Do you have any ideas??   Sounds like my computer does not like CCleaner for some reason.....

Maybe I will wait for the next update and try again but I sure like having CCleaner on the computer.

Stop the music!!   Yes, downloaded and installed with absolutely no problem.   Thank you so much!!!

I went to the web page for CCleaner installation problems and it took me to main Piriform page.    Then no problem...

and made sure the file was ccsetup528exe