How can I remove (delete) AMUST from my registry?

slowday444

Months ago, I used a trial of AMUST Registry Cleaner. It has been uninstalled. I've attempted to remove a couple entries left in the registry with several cleaners to no avail. I've tried to delete it with REGEDIT and it says it can't! What can i do? Thank You!

First, make sure that you're logged on as administrator. After that you have 2 options.

1. In regedit click the key to highlight > click Edit > choose Permissions. Give yourself Full Control. I'm not sure if you need to reboot after giving yourself Full Control, but it couldn't hurt.

2. Your other options is to use DAF > tools > repair permissions.

I don't know what your PC specs are so here are some instructions on which build of DAF to use.

Light build, which is just Dial-a-fix, and can just do services tweaks and DLL registrations. People who have XP Pro can use Repair Permissions. People who have XP Home must get Medium.

Medium, which is Dial-a-fix plus the secedit package; this allows people who have XP Home to use Repair Permissions.

Have you tried either of these options already?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I use Regcleaner 4.3 last freeware version. http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/registry2.html

Yeah, but if his user account doesn't have full permissions over the keys in question he can't remove those keys even with a tool. After his permissions are fixed he can remove keys any way that he wants to. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

From what I can ascertain, I do have permissions. Will it hurt anything if i run Dj's prog if I don't need it?

ScreenShot001.png

That error doesn't look like a permission error to me. You can do the repair permissions, it won't hurt anything. ;)

Will you get the details about the error from event viewer? That will confirm whether or not it is a permissions problem.

Alright dude. Sorry, but I had to find the solution. Apparently you are experiencing a common problem with AMUST v1.0.

By Dr. AMUST - Well, the mentioned key was used to prevent our software from unauthorized usage.

In version 2.0 our licensing policy has slightly changed and now we don't leave any marks of such kind at users' computers. Please go to AMUST v2.0 and download the 2.0 version and run its setup program that removes this old 1.0 key from registry upon installation.

Version 2.0 does not leave any traces in your registry and can be later removed without any inconveniences.

I hope that this works for you slowday444.

BTW, you may want to check out the AMUST forums that refers to your problem.

here

and here