winapp2.ini or custom folders to clean

hotrod

Hi all, i'am very new to all this and have used CC for about 3 months now, with no problems at all. I am using the latest 1.28.277. I'am trying to get CC to clean as much as poss. I have always used it with all the boxes ticked with no problems at all. When i worked out that the winapp2.ini was additions to the cleaning of CC i downloaded the file from a page on this forum, installed it to the CC programs folder. I was pleased to see it cleaned out an extra 150mb. My question is i have and use Limewire for movies and music, the winapp2.ini file found Limewire and listed it in applications but when i use CC it dosen't clean any limewire entries at all (incomplete downloads etc). So what i did was to add my incomplete folder from C:\documents and settings\********\incomplete\ to custom clean. This works very well and cleans out all my incomplete downloads from limewire, but is this the correct way to be cleaning my incompletes and is this folder needed for any other application other than limewire, i would welcome any help or advice, thanks.

That's a good question. I cannot answer your question because I don't use limewire, but I don't have an incomplete folder on my computer.

So I'm guessing that the incomplete folder is specific to limewire. A few people here do use limewire, and may be able to answer your question. But does limewire have a forum where you could get confirmation? Maybe limwire does use that folder for other things, but it would be odd if anything important was stored in a folder called incomplete. ;) (who knows these days though :lol: )

Good luck! BTW...has limewire been working okay since you've started cleaning that folder?

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Thanks for your replys, yes Limewire is still working fine since adding the incompletes folder to custom clean. I'am just wondering if by only cleaning the incompletes folder i'am missing any limewire logs etc, as the limewire entry in winapp2.ini does not pick up any limewire entries at all.

Thanks for your replys, yes Limewire is still working fine since adding the incompletes folder to custom clean. I'am just wondering if by only cleaning the incompletes folder i'am missing any limewire logs etc, as the limewire entry in winapp2.ini does not pick up any limewire entries at all.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Maybe you can do a search, and find all of the files associated with limwire...that's all that I can suggest. Sorry, if that isn't helpful :(

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)