Comp slower than before!

bouyaka

Hi all!

This is my first post in this forum and I'm affraid it's not to say thanks but to request some help :(

I used CCleaner and I found myself with winrar running really slow. It takes now 1 min to open a file.

Same problem as I try to access my workspace. It takes now 30s to 1 min to access my Harddrives.

I've already tried to unistall CCleaner and winrar but it didn't solve my problem. I've tried to exclude winrar from CCleaner as well and nothing changed.

Now I know I'm too stupid to use a programme like that without creating a restorating point or making a reg backup.. :unsure:

As I'm running short of ideas I would really apreciate if someone could help me :)

Thanks

As I'm running short of ideas I would really apreciate if someone could help me :)

Thanks

This doesn't sounds like a CCleaner issue, but I'm guessing you noticed the problem immediately after running it, and weren't doing anything else at the time...?

Did you run the Issues fixer as well as the file cleaning?

Also, are there any other tasks that are slower? Does anything show up as very processor-intensive on your task manager?

And finally, what version of Windows are you using (any other specs may help)?

Not sure I'll be able to help, but this info will be useful :)

This doesn't sounds like a CCleaner issue, but I'm guessing you noticed the problem immediately after running it, and weren't doing anything else at the time...?

Did you run the Issues fixer as well as the file cleaning?

Also, are there any other tasks that are slower? Does anything show up as very processor-intensive on your task manager?

And finally, what version of Windows are you using (any other specs may help)?

Not sure I'll be able to help, but this info will be useful :)

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

To answer :

1) I wasn't doing anything else at the same time.

2) I did run the Isses fixer.

2) I don't have any prossecor-intensive application running in the task manager.

3) I'm running Windows Xp pro SP2 on a P4 3ghz 800 MGhz FSB with 1024Mo DDR ram in dual mode. Motherboard Asus P4c800-deluxe. Video card ATI 9800 pro.

Antivirus Nod32, firewall ZoneAlarm Pro. Antispyware : Lavasoft adaware and Spybot search and destroy.

That's all.

If you need something else ask me :)

• Moderators

I'd suggest making sure all of your antivirus and antispyware are updated and then run a scan with each of them.

If things are still acting up read the Spyware Removal Guide, and if necessary post a HijackThis log (download HijackThis) into Spyware Hell - HijackThis Log Analysis.

A qualified member (AndyManchesta, rridgely, or Tarun) will instruct you what to do from there after posting a HijackThis log.