Ccleaner & Firefox caches

inojim

I'm using Ccleaner v5.11.5408 under WinVista/64.  Under Cleaner/Applications/Firefox I have all boxes checked, including Cache, History and Cookies.  When I run Ccleaner, it shows that those items were cleaned, but then when I open Firefox and start typing an address, for example, one pops right up from Firefox History.  And for cache and cookies, when I take look using Firefox's own utility, I see all the old stuff there.  BUT when I right-click those same three subheads under Applications/Firefox, and click 'Clean' for each individually, the items are purged.  Am I misunderstanding something here? Shouldn't Ccleaner automatically take care of this in a normal Clean cycle if those boxes are checked?

post-47817-0-20636400-1450991802_thumb.jpg

I have a different problem with Firefox caches. Since FF 42, the cache files now come with twenty-plus-character names. It takes CCleaner about .5 second to clear each file individually, and since there are between 600 and 2,400 files to be removed, this suddenly is a time-eater of major proportions.

But I haven't found anybody else mentioning this. This topic was the closest I could find. Is anybody else having this problem? Should I take this up with Mozilla as well? Any help would be appreciated.

• Moderators
I have a different problem with Firefox caches. Since FF 42, the cache files now come with twenty-plus-character names. It takes CCleaner about .5 second to clear each file individually, and since there are between 600 and 2,400 files to be removed, this suddenly is a time-eater of major proportions.

But I haven't found anybody else mentioning this. This topic was the closest I could find. Is anybody else having this problem? Should I take this up with Mozilla as well? Any help would be appreciated.

Since it is a different problem please open a new thread instead of piggybacking on somebody else's

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

All of my firefox cache entries are 40 characters in length or more in name, but I am not having a problem cleaning them. CCleaner deleted 10,592 such files in 1.912 seconds on my machine (windows 8.1 pro x64, latest ccleaner, latest firefox nightly)