CC won't stop running

raydc

Hello and welcome to the forum!

CCleaner can take quite a long time to run the first time you use it because there may be a ton of junk on your PC. It found about 700MB on mine the first time I ran it. I also had to run the issues scan quite a few times. How long has it been scanning your PC before you cancel it?

Also, don't check the hotfix uninstaller under the Advanced section on the cleaner tab. there may be a bug in that option which has caused problems for some people.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

CCleaner can take quite a long time to run the first time you use it because there may be a ton of junk on your PC. It found about 700MB on mine the first time I ran it. I also had to run the issues scan quite a few times. How long has it been scanning your PC before you cancel it?

Also, don't check the hotfix uninstaller under the Advanced section on the cleaner tab. there may be a bug in that option which has caused problems for some people.

thank you

I have been using CC for over a year and the normal pattern is that it goes thru one pass of progress green bars at the top then closees automatically

now it runs through multiple passes of green bars as long as I let it run

I dont have any advanced items checked

thanks again

thank you

I have been using CC for over a year and the normal pattern is that it goes thru one pass of progress green bars at the top then closees automatically

now it runs through multiple passes of green bars as long as I let it run

I dont have any advanced items checked

thanks again

Check your options. The new version of CCleaner can be set for cleaning at 1, 3, or 7 passes. The more passes that CCleaner is set to clean the longer that it will take.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• 1 year later...
Check your options. The new version of CCleaner can be set for cleaning at 1, 3, or 7 passes. The more passes that CCleaner is set to clean the longer that it will take.

On: WinXP home SP2

Using Secure Deletion (1 pass)

If set on any level of Secure deletion ( including 1 pass), the program won't stop cycling unless I press cancel. I usually notice it because the computer fan kicks in. The program meanwhile is going through green bar after green bar.

I run it regularly (not daily, but weekly), and this always happens. After pressing cancel, it runs for a while (cancel is not automatic), then it stops, and shows results. If I immediately run it again (even without closing and reopening the program), it will quickly finds a handful of other files and stop by itself.

If I turn off Secure deletion, it doesn't do this.

dae

If I turn off Secure deletion, it doesn't do this.
Secure deletion is only for the extremely paranoid or works for a terrorist organization, mafia, Chinese hacker trying to gain access to foreign government networks or afraid that your significant other will check your computer for your visit to shady sites and conversations with your lovers. :unsure:

Secure deletion is a silly option and should be removed from CCleaner and for the extremely paranoid Eraser can be used but if the NSA wants your hard drive to find what you had on it then they can find any deleted data.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user