CC Stops while cleaning

Good morning.

I have been using the Pro Cleaner for a few years, never had a problem. Two days ago it started doing the following: It analyses as always, the after pressing cleaning, it starts... and then less than 1cm into the green line is stops. And all I can do is go to ther task manager and force CC to stop. It gets stuck at the same point: "Internet Explorer, History" . And the point here is, that I have never used the Internet Explorer ...

WHat causes this?, and how do I get rid off it? (I am using Win 7 Ulti)

I have uninstalled the Pro version, and downloaded a fresh free version, no change.

The one thing I hade changed only a few days earlier was to uninstall "Microsoft Security Essentials" and installed BitDefender", other than that... no change...

Thanks for your help

• Moderators

There is no difference between the cleaning routines of free and pro (main technical difference is multiuser cleaning). However since you have pro you have 1 year of priority developer support, which is much better choice to ask imho.

Go ahead reinstall pro, then run ccleaner in debug mode (ccleaner.exe /debug) and keep the resulting log showing the issue you describe (the freeze) and contact them.

As far as not using ie. This point is moot, windows itself and many programs use Internet Explorer (and in Win10 Edge) to render themselves, items still accrue in those locations. This is why ie is listed in the system tab as opposed to the application tab with the other browsers. In short internet explorer is more than a browser of the web when it comes to Windows.

I've removed the forbes link because I honestly think you may have placed it there accidentally

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

There is no difference between the cleaning routines of free and pro (main technical difference is multiuser cleaning). However since you have pro you have 1 year of priority developer support, which is much better choice to ask imho. Go ahead reinstall pro, then run ccleaner in debug mode (ccleaner.exe /debug) and keep the resulting log showing the issue you describe (the freeze) and contact them. As far as not using ie. This point is moot, windows itself and many programs use Internet Explorer (and in Win10 Edge) to render themselves, items still accrue in those locations. This is why ie is listed in the system tab as opposed to the application tab with the other browsers. In short internet explorer is more than a browser of the web when it comes to Windows. I've removed the forbes link because I honestly think you may have placed it there accidentally

Too late, Advanced Uninstaller deleter every single file of the pro version. It cannot be CCs fault anyway, as the same happens when I use a fresh download. I probably have a copy of it on one of my external HDDs, I will check later

Basically my question is: Is it a malfunction of CC (getting stuck in IE while cleaning), that has a known particular cause?

If it is not known, then it si something else completely...

So, have you run into that particular problem before?

• Moderators

I don't know and they won't if you don't run a debug.

(Edit)

For what it's worth, it didn't do that (freeze/crash) when I was on windows =Vista,7, 8 or 10. So it's something with your system.

(End edit)

What do you mean a copy of it. Also I repeat. If you want a real answer (especially without a debug) use what you paid for and ask the developers via you priority support link. We are just a user forum

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

I don't know and they won't if you don't run a debug. (Edit) For what it's worth, it didn't do that (freeze/crash) when I was on windows =Vista,7, 8 or 10. So it's something with your system. (End edit) What do you mean a copy of it. Also I repeat. If you want a real answer (especially without a debug) use what you paid for and ask the developers via you priority support link. We are just a user forum

I did whatever I thought might be the problem, I uninstalled Bitdefender, in spite of their assurances  that it is NOT their software.

This morning I read in Forbes that someone had hacked their cloud, where they had stored userdata UNENCRIPTED or in hashform!  I uninstalled, installed Avira and.... ccleaner works without a problem....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/07/31/bitdefender-hacked/

Thank you for help and sorry that in the end it turns out I wasted your time.

• Moderators

So this is solved then?

• 2 weeks later...

I have same problem and have Bitdefender. I run Windows 10.

Windows 10 requires a new free upgrade of Bitdefender - see web site.

A workaround - boot computer in safe mode and ccleaner should run. Then reboot normally and it also runs.

To boot Windows 10 in safe mode - safe / power - then hold down shift while choosing restart. You will be taken via several screens to safe start.