ccleaner and flash cookies

MichaelTN

With the onset of Flash Chats, I have discovered a problem with ccleaner. I am running ver 1.27 build 260 and I have discovered that ccleaner is removing all of my flash cookies everytime i run it. I have made the cookies exception in ccleaner but this only applies to IE.

As a System Administrator on 2100chat.net, which is a work in progress, I have to reset my settings in the chat each and every time I run ccleaner. My question is is it possible to setup ccleaner not to remove flash cookies and if not, would it be possible to address this issue in future builds ?

I really like ccleaner and I would like to continue to use it.

Thank you

What is flash cookies?

Flash Cookies are another name for Macromedia Shared Objects that are stored in hidden folders on your computer. They operate much the same as HTML Cookies by saving certain information about sites that you visit, mainly your settings on those sites. They have become to being refered to as flash cookies.

Without them, everytime you visit a flash site (eg), a flash chat service such as 2100chat.net, you would have to re-select your settings. I hope I explained this to satisfy your question.

When you open CCleaner, and click the Applications Tab...is Macromedia Flash Player checked? If so, uncheck it, and see if that works.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Oh, I never heard about flash cookies, nor do Wikipedia have any article about it. Maybe it just regular cookies, used by the server to mark attributes in EMBED or OBJECT tag or something and Flash file can read it.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Oh, I never heard about flash cookies, nor do Wikipedia have any article about it. Maybe it just regular cookies, used by the server to mark attributes in EMBED or OBJECT tag or something and Flash file can read it.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ac..._shared_object/

Shared objects are not regular cookies, they are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\[PROFILE]\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[RANDOM]\[ORIGINATING-SITE-URL]

(the corresponding entry in winapp.ini is:)

[Macromedia Flash Player]

LangSecRef=3023

Detect=HKCR\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}

Default=True

FileKey1=%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player|*.*|RECURSE

They are files ending with .sol and they are almost human-legible for simple data. You can edit them with .sol Editor from http://sourceforge.net/projects/soleditor/ :)

Hope this helps

When you open CCleaner, and click the Applications Tab...is Macromedia Flash Player checked? If so, uncheck it, and see if that works.

Thank you so much for that info, it appears to have worked. Its funny, with all that we have been doing here we have overlooked that one simply step. Thanks again mate.

Thanks for your information!

I never knew this!

Now, I know something I quite dont like about Flash, heh!

Like if cookies wasnt enough to worry about, now you have to worry about flash cookies too, argh!

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png