reinstalling CCleaner v5.02 with old preferences

toohard4ur

I had CCleaner v5.02 installed on a 32-bit win7.  Ran Easy Transfer before switching to 64-bit Win 7.  Ran Easy Transfer again on the 64-bit box, then installed CCleaner v5.02 on that box.  However my old CCleaner parameters were not picked up by the new install.

Any way that I can use the old preferences without having to pains takingly enter them one-by-one for the new install?

• Moderators

On the old box, open ccleaner and options/advanced store settings in ini. Copy the ini to your new pc (optionally uncheck store in ini)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

On the old box, open ccleaner and options/advanced store settings in ini. Copy the ini to your new pc (optionally uncheck store in ini)

Where is the INI file stored and the name of it please?

In the ccleaner folder

ccleaner.ini

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators
ccleaner.ini is not in 32-bitWin7\Program Files\CCleaner nor is it in 64-bitWin7\Program Files\CCleaner.  (Running CCleaner v5.02 in bothe cases)

Only there if you set the setting

• Moderators
"Only there if you set the setting"  I do have Options -> Cookies settings on 64-bit Wind 7.

Huh? What does this to do with anything?

Options/Advanced checkmark in save settings in ini, as I said in my first post

Huh? What does this to do with anything? Options/Advanced checkmark in save settings in ini, as I said in my first post

Unfortunately, I did not do this on my old box and the old box is no longer accessable.  Any way I can recover my old settings from the files backed up in "Windows Easy Transfer" tool?

• Moderators

I highly doubt there is

• Moderators

It keeps it settings in the registry where @CSGalloway clearly stated in post 3. If you can't understand what he wrote, then you shouldn't be messing in the registry, which would be required to get the settings without the ini. So, as I said, because I highly doubt that transfer settings did not initially get the settings (as exemplified by the old "parameters (not being) picked up by the new install.

Initially my reply was to do something which would require the old computer but not require the RISKY behavior for anybody to enter the registry.

Without the old computer you've, in my educated opinion, no choice but to recreate the settings the "hard" way one setting and one cookie at a time.

It keeps it settings in the registry where @CSGalloway clearly stated in post 3. If you can't understand what he wrote, then you shouldn't be messing in the registry, which would be required to get the settings without the ini. So, as I said, because I highly doubt that transfer settings did not initially get the settings (as exemplified by the old "parameters (not being) picked up by the new install. Initially my reply was to do something which would require the old computer but not require the RISKY behavior for anybody to enter the registry. Without the old computer you've, in my educated opinion, no choice but to recreate the settings the "hard" way one setting and one cookie at a time.

Cool.  Thanks for the explaination.  AFAIK, registry is not backed up by "Windows Easy Transfer" tool.  I'll do it the 'hard" way. :angry: