Portable version as "Run as Administrator"

bawldiggle

To remove tempation by users to tinker with CCleaner, I am considering using the portable version. 

-  my small business of 6 AutoCad rigs plus 3 laptops

-  installing/updating CCleaner on each machine falls back onto me which I have to do after hours.

-  4 of the rigs are stand alone and we do not have a network  (very nervously considering NAS for the past 12 months)

PC's and laptops are a variety of Win7 32bit/64bit ... AND... Win-XP 32bit

-  all XP machines are to be upgraded (clean installed) to Win-7 ... when I get some time

Does CCleaner Portable write to the registry ?

If CCleaner is started by a script will "Run as Administrator" be applied to the CCleaner process. ?

- I have a collection of portable PC tools on a thumb-drive that I can use on various PCs. 

- Scripts determine the bit-type and where bit-type is crucial the correct bit-version is run

-  I assume CCleaner Portable is ambidextrous?  Handling 32bit and 64bit ?

My major concern is "Run as Administrator"

-  logging on as admin is an obvious solution,

-  But admin account is rather sparten for access to user-account programs and applications. (eg, Browser bookmarks)

Do I have to right-click CCleaner.exe to run as admin (in user accounts) ?

-  or will running the script-file as administrator, translate into running CCleaner.exe as administrator. ?

The only other solution is to install CCleaner in a hidden folder, but my troops are rather nosey and clever.

After-hours updates/upgrades are getting quite demanding of my time.

I have not downloaded Portable CCleaner yet.

Would appreciate any advice :)

• Moderators

Ccleaner is "Portable Stealth" and leaves no registry or appdata behind. (The file portable.dat forces CCleaner to save settings in ini format).

If you're using it in a business location you really should buy a pro license, not just because it's the right thing to do, but also because the pro (which can also be portable) allows you the administrator clean other user's or even all users' data, which then will allow you to setup a domain script which would be able to, for instance, automatically, run ccleaner as you, from a network location (such as a shared hidden drive) on each user's account on logoff

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com