Buying CCleaner Professional and Defrag and recuva

Angelicall

• Moderators

AS OF THE TIME OF THIS WRITING

1 No, ccleaner updates should continue after the year of paid support runs out (if I recall correctly)

2 As long as you only place ccleaner on computers owned by the registered owner, you can place it on all of your PC'S

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 4 weeks later...

I don't believe you're right there, Nergal. The company seems to be very coy about what it is 'selling' in the current January '14 offer.

It says in the Legal section for the 'Professional' (meaning 'Home') edition, once you find it, inter alia:

'Subject to your payment of the applicable annual update fees and support fees for the relevant year, Piriform shall from time to time, via its website, make available new versions of the Product for you to download and use...'

[my emphases]

So what is it we're buying?

What expires after a 'relevant year'?

Is buying a licence more restrictive than simply downloading the product and using it? There's no 'subject to your payment...' clauses binding use of and getting updates for the unencumbered version.

There's a blue button saying 'BUY NOW', and then what? Buy what?

The Item field says 'CCleaner Professional Full feature set, software updates and priority support. Instant online delivery!' - but that's not exactly a set of T&Cs or a descriptive contract, is it?

This is looking just a little too evasive to me.

Any ideas?

• Moderators
I don't believe you're right there, Nergal. The company seems to be very coy about what it is 'selling' in the current January '14 offer.

It says in the Legal section for the 'Professional' (meaning 'Home') edition, once you find it, inter alia:

'Subject to your payment of the applicable annual update fees and support fees for the relevant year, Piriform shall from time to time, via its website, make available new versions of the Product for you to download and use...'

[my emphases]

So what is it we're buying?

What expires after a 'relevant year'?

Is buying a licence more restrictive than simply downloading the product and using it? There's no 'subject to your payment...' clauses binding use of and getting updates for the unencumbered version.

There's a blue button saying 'BUY NOW', and then what? Buy what?

The Item field says 'CCleaner Professional Full feature set, software updates and priority support. Instant online delivery!' - but that's not exactly a set of T&Cs or a descriptive contract, is it?

This is looking just a little too evasive to me.

Any ideas?

I provided the information to this thread as it was presented to us by the Piriform team, as was at the time of the post (see the big capital words at the top). If this has changed they did not inform us; are you saying you would like me to recheck with the company?

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

I apologize for the delay, it seems I was contacted by the team on the 29th with this reply

Here is the basics:

The "license" is for 1 year. During that time they get support, automatic downloads and the extra functionality. Once this time as passed, they can continue to use the products, but without the above extras.

So I do apologize for mistaken information