Defraggler v2.13.670 vs. Defraggler v2.14.705

Hi Everyone,

I'm confused about an update reversal that I'm seeing for Defraggler (Free Version). On April 18, 2013 I turned on my computer and went through my checklist of programs I have set to manually update. When I got to Defraggler I checked for the updates and received an update from "Defraggler v2.13.670" to the updated "Defraggler v2.14.705". Well one day later going through my morning update checks, I saw yet another update for Defraggler but it wasn't an UPDATE but a reversal to v2.13.670, though it reads as an update from v2.14.705 which I just installed yesterday. What am I to make of this? Was the update offered yesterday a mistake and needs more work or is the update feature for the program giving erroneous information? I use Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) and have chosen to keep IE9 for the time though I can't see how a browser would affect anything. Also I have the Windows Defrag program still installed but it's never caused a problem since installing Defraggler. Any clues, should I revert or am I seeing an error on the update page? I haven't used the updated version as of yet, there has been no need.

Thank you DennisD,

I see from your link that others have had this temporary choice to upgrade to Defraggler v2.14.705 and then a reversion. It appeared at least in one case to have ran slower on one person's computer if I read it right. Either way I don't need it immediately so I can wait 'til things shake out. But I wonder how it gets offered in the first place. Thanks again.

Bywaterboy

But I wonder how it gets offered in the first place. Thanks again.

Because stuff happens.

No software would ever be released if it had to be tested upon every possible hardware build and operating system with every possible combination of installed applications.

Just be thankful that you do not have to download an ISO image and burns a Boot Rescue CD to resuscitate the computer,

which is the fate of some who allowed a Microsoft Patch to install :o

http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=38435

• Moderators

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

moved to the defraggler bugs board

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com