Defraggler ver. 2.14.705

What's going on with this version? It was on FileHippo for download yesterday - now it isn't. I found it to be very, very slow and reverted back to ver. 2.13.670 yesterday. Now FH indicates 2.13.670 is the latest version. Am I confused or what?

I would be interested in knowing what happened with Ver 2.14.705?

I downloaded and started running Friday expecting it to shut down when completed as I was away for the weekend.

Sunday it was still running at a little over 50%.

Exited program... Uninstalled... Installed version 2.13....

Hope I have better luck.

• Moderators

the slow down bug was noted by the developers as a critical bug and the build was pulled.

With apologies from the higher-ups.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running 2.14.706 on a PC with an Intel Core i5 processor running WIN8. Started running Defraggler to defrag an external 2TB drive with approximately 1TB of files on it. It has been running all day and still reports 21 hours to go. Here's what's happening: one of the little squares turns yellow, then the external drive makes a thrumming noise for about 20 seconds (I assume it is writing data), stops for three seconds, and then the process repeats itself. Two naive questions: 1) is it normal for Defreggler to take that long to defrag an external drive and 2) is it safe for my external drive to be continuously writing for 40 hours or more?