Two profiles for CCleaner?

Wisewiz

I want to run CCleaner from a hotkey (Ctrl-Alt-T) every night, with minimalist choices in the program settings: clear Temps and clean browser caches. Easy.

But once a week, I do my maintenance and system + data backups, and during the maintenance routine, I'd like to run CCleaner with many more of the options checked in the program settings. I know I can go into the program and adjust settings, then run it, then reset settings for the nightly minimalist cleanup, but there ought to be a better way, and I haven't yet found it. (Be patient; I'm a CC newbie.)

I thought about installing a second copy of CC in another location, and setting a separate hotkey for that copy. Not a clever way to do things.

I thought about parameters for the .exe, like /auto1 and /auto2, but I haven't found any coverage of that possibility here. And I *have* read the FAQ. And the .ini file route seems interesting, but the one Nergal offers doesn't seem to address this two-different-profiles possibility.

I'm looking forward to hearing how simple it is to do what I want to do.

Wisewiz

Wisewiz

To those who have virtually none, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.

• Moderators

@Alan_B has some batch files that can achieve this I believe

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

It's okay. It's done. Not very cleverly, but done.

I made a new folder called CCleanerM, copied the CC files ( .exe and .ini, where the settings are stored) to it, and then made a new pair of shortcuts (in addition to the original one for settings and the original one with the /auto parameter) to the new copy of CC, one for settings, and one with the /auto parameter. Then I opened the new copy and set it for the extensive weekly cleanup, and it stored those settings in its own .ini.

Now Ctrl+Alt+T runs the daily minimalist cleanup, and Ctrl+Alt+M runs the much more extensive maintenance sweep, and each run is independently configurable.

Works. 'Course you gotta have the two .ini files, not the registry settings, to make it work. And if you move a login cookie to the keepers list in one (the daily, say) you have to remember to move it in the other (the weekly) or you'll lose it when you run the latter. But that's only an issue until you get your two keepers lists complete and stable.

Wisewiz

To those who have virtually none, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.