Connecting ps2 to the internet problem

englishmen

Below is the exact same post that i posted on the official ps2 UK forums. Has anyone had similar problem or can give advice of how to fix my problem, thanks.

Ahhhhh, i cant get online with my ps2

I registered on-line at ps2registration.com and got to the point were i have to enter the network access code. Of course i have thrown my one away :-( so i swapped slim ps2's with my brother who still has the box manual including network access code. Went to register again and now it states my ps2 is already registered when it is not, im assuming its talk about my old one which is now my brothers.

How can i register another ps2 for on-line access?

Also i have my ps2 connected through my pc, even tho my cable is securely plugged in both ends. On my pc it keeps going from disconnected to connected. Can someone please tell me why it is doing this, i have WinXp Pro sp2 and are with pipex for my 2mb broadband.

• Moderators

What games are you gonna play?(if you start playing socom 3 let me know and we will have to go head to head a few rounds. :D )

Anyway to your problem...

I have an original ps2 and to get online I didnt have to register anything. All I had to do was buy the network adapter and put in the disc that came with it. Then it saved a small file to my memory card(network settings) and that was it.

I have mine hooked to a router. I'm not sure if it will work if its hooked through a pc.

Thanks for the help, i was going to attempt to play some Fifa 06 on-line and see how it seems then maybe get some more on-line ps2 games.

I've got a 10m rj45 crossover network cable for connecting 2 pc's together. I read on the official site i can use it and share my internet connection with my ps2 but then the problem i stated above occurs i.e. my network card keeps switching from connected to disconnected.