CCleaner v3.26.1888 doesn't clean Chrome v22.0.1229.79

fidmas

On XP Pro (Sp3), even though CCleaner sees Chrome and the boxes are checked, nothing gets cleaned. After snapshotting the file system before and after a Chrome "Tools > Clear Browsing data..." I included the following in Ccleaner:

C:\\Documents and Settings\\<USER>\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\|Cookies*.*

C:\\Documents and Settings\\<USER>\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\Extension State\\|Current.*

C:\\Documents and Settings\\<USER>\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\Extension State\\|MANIFEST*.*

C:\\Documents and Settings\\<USER>\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\|History*.*

C:\\Documents and Settings\\<USER>\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\Local Storage\\|*.*

C:\\Documents and Settings\\<USER>\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\Media Cache\\|*.*

C:\\Documents and Settings\\<USER>\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\Pepper Data\\Shockwave Flash\\WritableRoot\\|*.*|RECURSE

C:\\Documents and Settings\\<USER>\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\|Visited Links.*

C:\\Documents and Settings\\<USER>\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\|Web Data*.*

This should not be necessary.

Chrome is installed to its default location at

"C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

Any ideas?

• Moderators

is your profile also I the default locat8on? Are you using either google sync, google print or any google chrome apps?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

is your profile also I the default locat8on? Are you using either google sync, google print or any google chrome apps?

If you mean:

USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>

where I'be replaced my real user name with <USER> so it's not on the internet, the answer is "Yes".

>Are you using either google sync, google print or any google chrome apps?

No. Chrome is bare bones. I don't even know what that stuff does. I mainly use Chrome for the growing number of sites that won't work with IE8 anymore. I like to clean-up afterwards without going through the Chrome "Tools > Clear Browsing data..." song and dance.

• Moderators

It might be nice to get a "We know about it" or event just a <Grunt>. :-/

The developers only comment in the forum if they need further information otherwise they will continue their silence, you can receive developer interaction via ccleaner pro

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com