Hybrid Boot

Super Fast

Windows 8 improves boot times using hybrid boot (log-off user + hibernate).

As opposed to normal hibernation (save apps in RAM to HDD before hibernating).

If you regedit Shutdown button in 7 to link to Hibernate, & make it run log-off user cmd 1st, will this be = to 8's hybrid boot?

If you reboot 8, it takes much longer because of having to load devices & drivers again (instead of resuming from hibernate).

_____

1) Some things I want to know so I will have to further test, are since 8 goes into hibernation instead of shutdown, does it affect battery life any on netbooks/laptops.

2) Some apps I tested under 7 that require a reboot, can be fooled into believing a reboot has happened by simply logging off & logging back in. I am wondering if some users mistakenly choose shutdown (thinking it is the same process as 7) & log back in if it may cause problems. I will test more to see about this, as it should be interesting to learn more about what happens.

3) I also intend to disable Aero under 7 & some other things to compare the speed of 7 to 8 after I "optimize" it similarly to 8's services/loaded processes/etc.

_____

Lastly, the way Windows 8 loads A/V before the OS begins is very interesting. Sounds great.

I know 8 has a built in engine that does ok for removing malware/viruses, even though there are better ones. If a user installs their choice of A/V & later get infected with A/V that replaces theirs with the hijacked version, will 8 load the hijacked A/V & become that much harder to remove?

This is so interesting, that I may purposefully download fake A/V & infect my own machine for the sake of testing how Windows 8 handles this.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Has anyone else tried any of this yet? :)

• Moderators

I know 8 has a built in engine that does ok for removing malware/viruses, even though there are better ones. If a user installs their choice of A/V & later get infected with A/V that replaces theirs with the hijacked version, will 8 load the hijacked A/V & become that much harder to remove?

This is so interesting, that I may purposefully download fake A/V & infect my own machine for the sake of testing how Windows 8 handles this.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Has anyone else tried any of this yet? :)

Why would anyone want to infect their own machine, and what has this to do with Hybrid Boot (the title of the thread).

How many more Windows 8 threads are you going to start which then morph into your thoughts on what OS's should be and how you are going to change everything with your testing.

Thread closed.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com