Need help

baraka

Allright there it is. My 80 gig is nealry filled up with many things but the problem is that all my stuff doesn't add up to 80 but to 60 gig. So there is 10 gig right there floating in the sky. I scanned my computer with avast antivirus and it showd me the names of these folders containing my space. Though I cannot find them in the search option of windows...

How can I access and delete them to finally have my rightful 10 gig?

If you can help

thanks!

Hard drives are like that, not much you can do about that.

I have a 60GB, but it only shows 55.8GB.

25856[/snapback]

no no.. it shows 74.5 gig wich is totally normal. the missing 10 gig are on my hd

the problem is. I have seen those files when I scanned my hd. I just cannot reach them again so I can delete them..

but I should have specified that my 80 gig is in fact 74.5 gig. That doesn't change the fact that 10 gig are floating there out of my reach!!!

The three main folders you are going to want to check are "Documents and Settings", "Program Files", and "Windows".

If these three folders equal about 70 GB or so, you probably aren't missing any space. But, if you still are missing about 10 GBs, it is possible that you have some DVD backups stored somewhere on your HD (assuming you burn DVDs). I've seen this on a few computers that I've worked on, and CCleaner doesn't get rid of it unless the app is specified, or the movie is stored in the temp folder. Apps like DVD Fab are notorious for this.

And, of course, you've been running CCleaner to get rid of temporary crap on your computer, right? :D

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!