Running Windows Disk Clean Up from CCleaner!

Manuel S.

• Moderators

I've seen that in other cleaning tools where they have a page with links for the built-in Windows tools - not exactly all that useful though. Although I only trust Windows Disk Cleanup for removing old System Restore Points.

I've tried to implement most of the disc cleanup items into ccleaner through use of Winapp2.ini, but some are risky.

That being said, I can see why some people might think they're competing products.

I never said "competing" , just "complement" B)

I've seen that in other cleaning tools where they have a page with links for the built-in Windows tools - not exactly all that useful though. Although I only trust Windows Disk Cleanup for removing old System Restore Points.

That's why I want it for... just having a shortcut in CCleaner for calling WDC and delete old sys restore points. (I'm too lazy for looking for it at windows start menu)

• Moderators

They could link to it differently then without even showing Disk Cleanup itself if that's what you want. I don't know the command-line though for having it remove old System Restore Points but I suppose it exists, possibly even envoked by rundll32.exe but that's a guess.