Slitaz 4.0 is out

login123

Looks nice, runs fast, runs in RAM, Using the basic OS and Midori Browser on here now. Just finished burning the CD.

Entire base OS is about 35 mb. But there is a big (about 2 gb) package of add ons available, I'm going to try to add something on here from the web, see what happens.

oops, edit: HERE

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Put in the link while you were typing. You are too fast for me. :P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Just downloaded and installed Firefox. Took about 3, 4 minutes. Used the TazPanel. Using FF now.

Edit: Wallpaper looks good:

th_Slitaz4_Wallpaper.jpg

'nuther edit: So far can't get it to play any video on firefox. Phooey.

Must sign out now. Probably won't try again for a while.

• Moderators

I've got it installed onto a USB stick, but I can't check it out yet.

I'm messing about with a NEC i-Select I've just be given, and I can't get it to boot from USB although I've tried everything I can think of. When USB is selected in the BIOS, or just using BIOS boot screen, nothing happens.

If I pull the stick, then it comes back to life again and boots from the HD OK.

Anyways, that's for another topic some time, and I intend to get SliTaz running on my desktop tomorrow.

Just out of interest, which version of 4.0 did you download? I passed on the recommended "cooking" version as that one gave me trouble the last time we messed about with SliTaz?

I got the first one on the list, the "LiveCD - Stable version", and the last one, called the "Floppy Boot Disk". Going to try it on a w98 computer sooner or later. I started to download that collection of packages, but gave up, would take too long at the blistering speed of 38 kb / sec. Just as well, because it turns out that The OS itself has a package manager that downloads and installs whatever you want pretty quickly.

38 kb / second is what I get from an AT&T DSL hookup. Go figure.

• Moderators

Had a try of this when the stable version first came out.

It's just a superb operating system, and an ideal one to recommend to people for a first try of a live cd. Also great for trying to recover files etc when Windows won't boot.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Gave it a try, and as hazel says, a great live cd recovery tool.

It did give me one issue, and that is the forum page here was twice the width of my screen, with a long horizontal scroll bar. Not good, and the only distro to do this out of a few I've been trying this week ...

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=36353&view=findpost&p=218406