Chrome Add-ons?

peteyt

Hi all

I am new to this forum but have been using CCleaner for a while. I used to TuneUp Utilities which was costly and began to slow my pc. CCleaner seems to do everything that the paid for applications do and does it brilliantly.

I have noticed the two great new start up features - for Internet Explorer add-ons and for scheduled tasks (which I think is really handy as a lot of people don't realise the amount of stuff set up on there e.g. flash updates).

I just wondered if there was any plans to add additional browser add-ons or would this be tricky? I know Internet Explorer is still widely used but Chrome and Firefox these days are always pulling new customers.

Thanks

Chrome and Firefox have protections that prevent outside applications configuring or adding extensions. Removing extensions would be possible; however.

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't too sure on the differences with IE's add-ons over other browsers. Do you think CCleaner may add remove features eventually then?

I doubt it; purely because the browsers already have intuitive interfaces for managing extensions - making the tool redundant. IE addons don't have a simple management interface, which makes the bho tool much more useful.

I'm Shane.